Gua Sha Facial Tools
Time to get rid of facial toxins! One of my fave things to do is using a gua sha stone on my face to massage it. I had bell palsy during pregnancy, and I can still feel my facial muscles tensing when I’m stressed. It helps me with releasing the inflammation. I truly believe in massaging your face or body to get rid of toxins.
What is Gua Sha?
- Pronounced gwah - shah, comes from the Chinese word for scraping, also known as spooning or coining.
- The practice using a tool to apply pressure and scrape the skin to relieve pain and tension by improving circulation and encourages lymphatic drainage, which helps release toxin out of the muscles and body.
- This practice of using a tool to scrape the skin to treat illnesses in ancient times originates from China/South East Asia.
What does it do for your face?
- Facial Gua Sha tools are made in all different sizes, shapes and materials such as stones, and stainless steel.
- Different stones are believed to have different healing properties. The stone or stainless steel material are great for cooling and soothing the skin.
- Reduces inflammation and decongestion. Inflammation = wrinkles or/and puffiness or stiffness.
- Releasing facial muscle tension = appearance of relaxed skin = smoother lines. They won’t go away, but massaging also helps plump the skin’s collagen production.
- Also reduces headaches.
How to use for your face?
- ALWAYS use an oil/serum/moisturizer before using any gua sha tool on the face. It has to glide on the skin, not pull the skin.
- Gently massage the tool flat and use upwards and outwards motion on the face and neck.
- You can focus on the deeper lines and gently massage those areas to make them appear smoother.
Tip: keep the gua sha tool in the fridge for cooling effects.
@sephora Facial Sculpting Set
@mountlai Gua Sha Facial Lifting Tool
@skingymco Cryo Stainless Steel Sculpty Heart Gua Sha Tool