Skincare Routine for Oily Skin
Updated: Feb 18, 2021
Oily skin is caused by hormones, stress, weather, dietary, medication, genes, cosmetics, to name a few. Also increased sebum production, which leads to clogged and enlarged pores. Clogged pores can lead to blemishes and acne. You’ll mainly see oiliness on your t-zone or your whole face.
Products will help balance and control the oils in your skin. You still need to moisturize your skin to balance the oils, or your skin will want to produce more oil causing it to over produce. Niacinamide, zinc, hyaluronic acid, glycerin, oil-free, silicone-free and alcohol free products help maintain oily skin.
- Cleanse am/pm.
- Exfoliate once a week (before toner if it is a wash off) or if using a gentle liquid form of AHA or BHA exfoliant you can use it once or twice a day (after toning).
- Tone am/pm.
- Mask 2x a week with a clarifying mask.
- Treat am/pm.
- Moisturize w/ oil-free moisturizer am/pm.
- Protect w/ oil-free SPF day.
- Control with blotting paper sheets.
Hope this helps!
✨ @paulaschoice Perfectly Balanced Foaming Cleanser
✨ @paulaschoice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
✨ @aztecsecretclay Indian Healing Clay Mask
✨ @olehenriksen Balancing Force™ Oil Control Toner
✨ @theinkeylist Niacinamide Oil Control Serum
✨ @glowrecipe Watermelon Pink Juice Oil-Free Moisturizer
✨ @shiseido Urban Environment Oil-Free UV Protector Broad Spectrum Face Sunscreen SPF 42
✨ @nyxcosmetics Matte Blotting Paper