Marina The Beauty BFF
What is Dry Skin?
When your skin feels flaky, itchy, tight, and/or it is in an uncomfortable condition. Or your skin could just be dehydrated and needs H2O. Aging, climate, nutrition, product, routine and lifestyle are part of the cause due to dry skin condition.
Dry skin lacks oil that we call sebum, which means your skin produces less of it. Sebum is made up of a mixture of lipids, which are skin’s natural fats and those lipids are the skin’s protective barrier to retain moisture. Dry skin needs more moisture to replenish those missing lipids.
To add and retain moisture in dry skin it is recommended to use products with ingredients such as hyaluronic acid, squalane, ceramide, glycerin, antioxidants (vitamin E or zinc), and/or oils (jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, or argan oil) to name a few. Most of these ingredients are already in your skin, or mimic your skin’s natural oils. They will help replenish those missing lipids for moisture.
Tips to help dry skin to add to your routine:
1. Cleanse with a gentle or hydrating cleanser, such as a cleansing lotion/cream, cleansing balm or cleansing oil.
✨ @aveneusa XeraCalm A.D Lipid-Replenishing Cleansing Oil.
2. Gently exfoliate once a week to lift all that dry dead skin cell build up. helps better absorb any serums and/or moisturizers. Try not to use anything physically abrasive.
✨ @deciem The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution
3. Add a hydrating hydrating serum before your moisturizer.
✨ @deciem The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5
4. Use a heavier moisturizer, especially at night. You naturally loose moisture while sleeping.
✨ @drjart Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin™️ Cream
5. Use a hydrating mist during the day.
✨ @biossance Squalane + Hyaluronic Toning Mist
6. Use a humidifier if the air is dry, and moving to a warmer humid location helps 😉.
Hope this helps! Disclaimer, I am not a Dermatologist.